Y1–3, fixed-term 0.56 (12 months) beginning term 1 2019. We are seeking an experienced, highly effective teacher. Strengths in engaging children and the ability to develop and maintain positive relationships are essential. Familiarity with GAFE and leveraging digital technologies to support personalised, student-centred learning are also desired.
Tokoiti School – Person Specification
Position: Base Scale Teacher
Role: 0.56 Classroom Teaching Monday-Thursday
The successful applicant would have:
- Full Teacher Registration
- Experience in supporting students to transition to high school
- Experience in teaching multilevel classrooms across years 1-3
- Able to relate well to children and teach in a multi- class situation.
- Have ability and experience of meeting the needs of children with a wide range of abilities.
- Implement current curriculum innovatively and effectively.
- Has an active interest in education outside the classroom, cultural development and student welfare.
- Has excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Has a thorough knowledge of the NZ curriculum framework.
- Willingness to grow through continued professional development and training.
- Willingness to participate in the events and functions of the school and wider community.
- Adaptable and flexible
- Excellent communicator
- Sense of humour
- Team player
Why you should want to work for us:
We are a small school that prides ourselves on being friendly and supportive to all our Tokoiti whānau. You will be part of a team that is dedicated to supporting our Trekkers (the name for the students at our school) to achieve at their very best. The position has the opportunity for you to develop your experience in a wide range of different areas. If coming to work with a friendly, fun loving team is your aim, then you have found the place for you. The school is staffed by highly experienced staff who are supportive of each other and the work that they do to keep our school running smoothly.